Colorado State University provides parking permit options for electric and low-emission/emitting vehicles.
Low Emission Vehicles (LEV) – LEED Permit
Priority parking spaces designated specifically for low emissions vehicles (LEV) are available in these campus locations:
- Lot 455 along the West side next to Behavioral Sciences.
- Lake Street Garage on the North end of the second and third floors.
To park in LEV permit spaces, your vehicle must qualify and you must have a valid CSU parking permit for the designated permit type. To register the vehicle as an LEV vehicle, visit Parking and Transportation Services at the Lake Street Garage, first floor office.
Who decides what qualifies as a low emissions vehicle?
The vehicle list is compiled by the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy. This list is also utilized by the US Green Building Council to determine qualifying alternative transportation programs for LEED credit.
For a list of qualifying vehicles please click HERE for a list of LEED qualified cars from 1998-2015.
CSU is a member of Drive Electric Northern Colorado and has taken the Department of Energy’s Workplace Charging Challenge pledge to provide to offer 18 electric vehicle chargers at seven on-campus stations (map of chargers):
- Between Durward Hall and Laurel Village, along Laurel Street.
- Between Scott Bioengineering and Rockwell West.
- At University Services Center on Laurel and Meldrum streets.
- At Powerhouse Energy Campus at 430 N. College Ave.
- At Facilities Services South parking lot on Lake Street and East Drive.
- First floor of the Lake Street Garage at Lake Street between Prospect Road and Center Avenue
- Research Blvd parking lot directly west of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital
These free charging stations are available to all employees and visitors who have a Chargepoint card and a valid Parking and Transportation Services monthly or annual parking permit. To register the vehicle as an LEV vehicle, visit Parking and Transportation Services at the Lake Street Garage, first floor office.
- Use of the chargers is free.
- Charging (and parking in a charging space) is limited to four hours.
- All electric vehicles must have a valid CSU parking permit including daily or hourly permits.
- To park in a designated electric vehicle space or to charge on campus, all users must register their campus parking permit as an electric vehicle permit.
- To register the vehicle as an electric vehicle, visit Parking and Transportation Services at the Lake Street Garage, first floor office.
- All electric vehicles must have a visible electric vehicle designation sticker from state of Colorado.
- Chargepoint chargers require a Chargepoint card. Parking and Transportation Services will outline details regarding your specific vehicle when you come in to register your electric vehicle permit.