Please read all of the following information before following any links.

Call us if you have questions.


7:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays, with extended hours until 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday

Important Dates

  • July 1st: 2015-16 permits are available for purchase on our website.
  • Summer 2015-2016: Valid permits are required to park in all parking lots and garages. Parking is enforced year-round.

Faculty and Staff Parking Permit Prices

Parking and Transportation Services has held parking permit rates below the rates of our peers for many years, but an increase is necessary to fund parking inventory, including construction of an additional garage between Pitkin and Lake Streets on the east side of campus. Purchasing a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space, or a space in a desired location.

Faculty and staff may purchase a packet of daily permits for use in combination with alternative transportation. Daily permits are available online or in person at the Lake Street Garage.

All yearly permits will increase. For more information, read the post on SOURCE. For a complete schedule of permit rates and types, visit the permit page. CSU rates still compare favorably even with these increases. Information about faculty and staff rates are as follows:

  • School year A, B, or H permits for vehicles: $442
  • School year J service zone permit for vehicles: $532
  • Fall semester only A or B permit for vehicles: $244
  • School year M permit for motorcycles, mopeds or scooters: $209
  • On confirmation of medical need, permits for American Disabilities Act compliant parking are available.

Important Information

  • Purchasing a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space, or a space in a desired location. CSU Parking and Transportation Services maintains the industry standard of recommended parking spaces per commuter, and vacant parking spaces are available across campus at any given time each day.
  • Only one vehicle permit allowed per employee.
  • Multiple license plates can be registered to one permit, but only one vehicle can park on campus at any given time.
  • Permits are issued for the sole use of the applicant and cannot be transferred to another person.
  • Applicants are responsible for all citations issued to vehicles linked to their permit.
  • Motorcycles may only park in motorcycle-designated stalls. Motorcycles may park in a meter or pay station stall upon payment to the device.
  • Low power scooters (under 50 cc or 4476 watts) operated in Colorado must be registered with the State of Colorado and must park in designated motorcycle parking and have a valid CSU parking permit.

Virtual Permit Enforcement

  • CSU uses a license plate based permit system.
  • Any number of vehicles may be registered to a single permit, but only one vehicle may park on campus at any time.
  • Permit holders are required to register the license plate, temporary tag or registration sticker (for scooters) of any vehicle they park on campus.
  • Customers may link their license plate, temporary tag or registration sticker for their vehicle at any time through our website (follow the links for Manage My Permit and click on View Permit from the menu). Vehicles no longer being used may be removed at any time.
  • Rental, loaner, or other vehicles borrowed for a short time, must be deleted promptly.
  • Parking on campus is monitored through a camera system attached to Parking and Transportation Services vehicles that scan license plates and compare them to our virtual permit database.
  • If you need to re-add a license plate or if the website gives you an error, contact Parking Services immediately. Please call, email, or stop by our office so that we can assist you with your problem in a timely fashion so you do not receive a citation.

Where You Can Park

  • Be aware of what lots your permit is valid in. Valid lots are listed in the permit description and here on our website. Permit types for each lot are posted at the entrance of the lot or in specific sections of a lot if more than one permit type may park in the lot.
  • Parking Spaces Are First Come – First Serve
    • Please be aware that parking near a specific building is not guaranteed. Availability can vary by time of day and day of the week. In addition to the regular weekly pattern, special events on campus may impact parking in your area. Please reference the campus map to view parking lots designated for your permit.
    • Construction projects on campus can often affect parking. For updates on getting around and parking on campus, check the university‚Äôs resource for Construction and Parking on SOURCE.

Visitor Parking

  • Visitors to campus must abide by all parking regulations.
  • Visitors may purchase a daily permit and park in A, Q, W, X, and Z lots. Daily permits good in A, Q, W, X, and Z lots are available in our office at 1508 Center Avenue, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am until 4 p.m. with extended hours until 5:30 pm on Tuesday, for $10 a day.
  • Departments may submit a Kualai IO to have daily permits on hand for department visitors.
  • Most A and Z permit lots only require permits until 4 p.m. Q, W, and X permit lots require permits until 8 p.m. A, Q, W, X, and Z permit lots only require permits Monday-Friday, not on Saturday or Sunday (excluding the Lake Street Parking Garage which is enforced 24/7).
  • Meter, pay-to-park, and pay-by-space parking is available (see marked areas on the Campus Parking Map) in many places on campus at $1.50 per hour.

Bicycle Registration, Safety, and Alternative Transportation

  • Anyone who rides a bike regularly to the CSU campus must register their bicycle with the CSU Police Department and must abide by the CSU Bicycle Regulations.
  • CSU Police Department enforces bicycle traffic and parking.
  • Bicycling, skateboarding and rollerblading are not permitted in campus buildings.
  • CSUPD provides SafeWalk, a safe and free escort from any location on campus to another campus location or destination within a three block area of campus, anytime between dusk to dawn. To request a SafeWalk call (970) 491-1155.
  • Consider using alternative forms of transportation, including bicycles, skateboards, and rollerblades.

Permanent and Temporary Medical Authorized Parking

  • Permanent Medical Authorization
    • Download the medical authorization form (under Important Links below) and have your doctor fill it out and return it to our office.
    • Once we process the form, you will be able to purchase an H permit (instead of the normal A or B permits).
    • Each person is allowed to have one permit. If you purchase a A or B permit in error, please come to the Parking Services office and we can exchange it for an H permit.
  • Temporary Medical Authorization
    • If you need American Disabilities Act parking on a temporary basis and you plan on having your car on campus beyond that, first purchase a year or fall semester permit.
    • Download the medical authorization form (under Important Links below) and have your doctor fill it out.
    • Bring the form to our office and complete a permit application form (available in our office or under Important Links below). If you are unable to come to the office, you may send a representative with the signed forms.
    • If you do not currently have a parking permit, the medical permit will be priced at our monthly rate of $61.
  • CSU recognizes American Disabilities Act plates and placards from all states.
    • They may only be used in American Disabilities Act stalls by the registered owner or when the registered owner is a passenger.
    • A valid CSU Parking and Transportation Services permit must be¬†purchased to park in permit areas.
    • Blue ADA meters require payment for time or for the vehicle to be linked to a valid CSU parking permit.

Important Links

A, B, H (ADA), and M permits may be purchased online. If you require another type of permit (including J service zone permits, D doctor permits, or AD administration reserved permits) you will need to purchase your permit in person at the Parking Services office in the southwest corner of the Lake Street Garage. For your convenience, you can download and print forms below, complete all of the relevant sections, and bring the completed forms with you.

If you are applying for an H (ADA) permit, you MUST have a valid permanent medical authorization on file. Please have your physician fill out a medical permit application form and return it to our office. Permanent medical authorizations do not have to be renewed.

If you are applying for a J service zone permit, you MUST have your Department Head or Director email us at with your name, the reasons why you need a J service zone permit, and a description of the duties which warrant close proximity parking.