Please read all of the following information before following any links.

Call us if you have questions.


7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays with extended hours until 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday


Important Dates for the 2016-17 School Year

  • May 15th through August 19th:
      When visiting campus during the summer you will need a parking permit or pay at a meter or pay-station to park on campus during the day. Please note that red curbs, load zones, ADA stalls, the Lake Street Garage, and some permit parking (specifically B and the Lake Street Garage) are enforced at all times.
  • June 1st: 2017-18 permits are available on our website.
  • August 16th through 20th: Move-in weekend. Get your permit online before classes start.
  • August 21st (First Day of Classes)

Residence Hall Parking Permit Prices

  • Annual permit for vehicles: $628
  • Annual permit for remote parking: $176 (available for some halls; not valid on main campus)
  • Ingersoll west side (Lot 215) only permit: $400
  • Semester only permit for vehicles: $352
  • One month permit for vehicles: $88
  • Annual permit for motorcycles, mopeds or scooters: $276
  • On confirmation of medical need, permits for ADA compliant parking are available (see Medical Authorized Parking below)

Important Information

  • Only one vehicle permit allowed per student.
  • Applicants wanting to have a vehicle and a motorcycle on campus at the same time may purchase one vehicle permit and one motorcycle permit. Alternatively, if only the vehicle or motorcycle will be on campus, motorcycle owners can add it to the regular vehicle permit and switch between their regular vehicle and their motorcycle.
  • Multiple license plates can be registered to one permit, but only one vehicle can park on campus at any given time.
  • Permits are issued for the sole use of the applicant and cannot be transferred to another person.
  • Applicants are responsible for all citations issued to vehicles linked to their permit.
  • Motorcycles may only park in motorcycle-designated stalls. Motorcycles may park in a meter or pay station stall upon payment to the device.
  • Low power scooters (under 50 cc or 4476 watts) operated in Colorado must be registered with the State of Colorado and must park in designated motorcycle parking and have a valid CSU parking permit.

Virtual Permit Enforcement

  • CSU uses a license plate based permit system.
  • Vehicles must park with license plate or temp tag visible from the drive lane.
  • Any number of vehicles may be registered to a single permit, but only one vehicle may park on campus at any time.
  • Permit holders are required to register the license plate, temporary tag or registration sticker (for scooters) of any vehicle they park on campus.
  • Customers may link their license plate, temporary tag or registration sticker for their vehicle at any time through our website (follow the links for My Parking Account and click on Manage My Permits from the menu). Vehicles no longer being used may be removed at any time.
  • Rental, loaner, or other vehicles borrowed for a short time, must be deleted promptly.
  • Parking on campus is monitored through a camera system attached to Parking and Transportation Services vehicles that scan license plates and compare them to our virtual permit database.
  • If you need to re-add a license plate or if the website gives you an error, contact our office immediately. Please call or email our office so that we can assist you with your problem in a timely fashion so you do not receive a citation.

To Purchase a Parking Permit

  • You must have your Residence Hall assignment.
  • You must have your license plate, temporary tag, or scooter registration.
  • To purchase your permit, click on the “Purchase a Permit” link at the bottom of the page.
      You will be asked for your university electronic ID (EID) and password. Please read each screen carefully. Making an incorrect selection may result in receiving the incorrect permit. Permits may be paid for with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or charged to your CSU student account.
  • If you receive the wrong permit, change Residence Halls, or move, please come to the Parking Office at 1508 Center Avenue to exchange it or request a partial refund.

Where You Can Park

  • The permit you are issued is based on your residence hall assignment.
    • Residents of Allison, Parmelee, and Corbett Halls are issued Q permits, valid in all Q and X permit lots, marked with these signs:
      • Q PermitX PermitX Permit
    • Residents of Braiden and Newsom Halls are issued W permits, valid in all W and X permit lots, marked with these signs:
      • W PermitX PermitX Permit
    • Residents of all other halls are issued X permits, valid in all X permit lots, marked with these signs:
      • X PermitX Permit
    • Students living on the north side of campus (in Allison, Parmelee, Corbett, Laurel Village, Westfall, and Durward) are eligible for the remote parking I permits, valid in all I permit lots (640, 641, and 642) off of City Park Avenue at 1400 West Elizabeth and 1500 West Plum Streets, marked with this sign:
      • I Permit
    • Residents of all halls are can purchase a permit to park remotely in the lot west of Ingersoll Hall. It is valid for lot 215 only.
  • Parking Spaces Are “First Come – First Serve”
    • Please be aware that residence hall parking is limited. Your parking permit does not guarantee you a parking location in any lot or in a desired location. City of Fort Collins streets surrounding the campus have restricted parking and permits may be required.
    • Avoid parking in A, B, or Z marked parking. You will receive a citation for parking where your permit is not valid. Watch for signs at lot entrances and specially designated rows and stalls.
      • Pay-to-ParkH PermitA PermitB PermitZ PermitLoad ZonesState and ServiceLEED Reserved

Having Family or Friends Visit Your Hall

  • Visitors to campus must abide by all parking regulations.
  • Visitors may purchase a daily permit and park in A, Q, W, X, and Z lots. Daily permits are available in our office at 1508 Center Avenue, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. with extended hours until 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday for $12 a day.
  • Most A and Z permit lots only require permits until 4 p.m. Q, W, and X permit lots require permits until 8 p.m. A, Q, W, X, and Z permit lots only require permits Monday-Friday, not on Saturday or Sunday (excluding the Parking Garage which is enforced 24/7).
  • Meter, pay-to-park, and pay-by-space parking is available (see marked areas on the Campus Parking Map) in many places on campus at $1.75 per hour.

Bicycle Registration, Safety, and Alternative Transportation

  • Bicycle registration is mandatory with the CSU Police Department. Individuals who ride a bicycle on the CSU campus must abide by the CSU Bicycle Regulations. Enforcement of bicycle traffic and parking is handled by the CSU Police Department.
  • Bicycling, skateboarding and rollerblading are not permitted in campus buildings.
  • If you are concerned about your safety in the evening, Campus Service Officers can provide a SafeWalk to your destination on or near campus by calling (970) 491-1155.
  • Consider using alternative forms of transportation, including bicycles, skateboards, and rollerblades.

Permanent and Temporary Medical Authorized Parking

  • Permanent Medical Authorization
    • Download the Medical Authorization form (under Important Links below) and have your doctor fill it out and return it to our office.
    • Once we process the form, you will be able to purchase an H permit (instead of the normal Q, W, or X permits).
    • Each person is allowed to have one permit. If you purchase a Q, W, or X permit in error, please come to the Parking Office and we can exchange it for an H permit.
  • Temporary Medical Authorization
    • If you need ADA parking on a temporary basis and you plan on having your car on campus beyond that, first purchase a year or fall semester permit.
    • If you are away from campus, download the medical authorization form (under Important Links below) and have your doctor fill it out.
    • If you are on campus, visit the CSU Health Network in the Hartshorn building. They have the form and will fill it out.
    • Bring the form to our office and complete a permit application form (available in our office or under Important Links below). If you are unable to come to the office, you may send a representative with the signed forms.
    • If you do not currently have a parking permit, the medical permit will be priced at our monthly rate of $88.
  • CSU recognizes ADA plates and placards from all states.
    • They may only be used in ADA stalls by the registered owner or when the registered owner is a passenger.
    • A valid CSU Parking and Transportation Services permit must be purchased to park in permit areas.
    • Blue ADA meters require payment for time or for the vehicle to be linked to a valid CSU parking permit.

Important Links