Student carpooling options
A carpool consists of two or more students sharing their personal vehicle to commute to CSU together while splitting the cost of a parking permit. Many students consider carpooling because they want to:
- Save money on a parking permit
- Save on fuel and maintenance for their personal vehicle
- Want to secure a parking space on campus
Student carpools work best when students have similar schedules. Ask around during the first two weeks of each semester if classmates or roommates are looking to share a carpool. Carpoolers take turns driving and benefit mentally from not having to drive in traffic everyday, and relieve congestion and vehicle emissions in our community and on campus.
Try a carpool today! Call Parking and Transportation Services to get started (970) 491-7600.
When can I start carpooling?
A carpool permit can be requested during the first two weeks of each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer) to ensure the parking supply for carpool spaces is sufficient across the university.
Complete a carpool permit application
- All carpoolers must fill out a carpool agreement and return it to Parking and Transportation Services in the Lake Street Garage.
- The application must have a minimum of two participants for the permit.
- Carpoolers can split the cost of the permit.
- All vehicles to be driven as part of the carpool should be registered in the Parking and Transportation Services permit database. The license plate number of vehicles driven on campus will be entered into the permit system as being a carpool vehicle.
Where could I park?
When registering your carpool with Parking and Transportation Services, carpoolers request a parking location on campus. An approved carpool permit will be designated a parking lot and sign will be placed in the lot selected for the carpool (depending on the capacity of the lot, we will make every attempt to place you in the lot requested).
Only one vehicle on a group’s carpool permit can be parked on a campus permit lot at one time. Multiple carpool vehicles under the same permit parked on campus at the same time will initiate a parking citation for misuse of permit per vehicle.
How would I find a carpool?
Ride sharing websites help you to find carpoolers near your home with similar commutes to Colorado State University.