More than 90 percent of our students and 80 percent of our employees live in Fort Collins.
The city’s transit system, TransFort, tailors to neighborhoods with high concentrations of students and employees. This means our commuters have a reasonable walk to a transit stop from their home.
Most TransFort routes come directly to the Lory Student Center in the heart of campus. All students and employees receive a free bus pass supported by their student fees. Here’s how you can find your closest transit stop along with the distance to walk:
Online Trip Planner
To plan your walk to a transit stop to catch the bus, visit http://www.ridetransfort.com/rider-tools/how-to-ride-transfort
- Enter your start address
- Enter your destination address
- Select your desired depart time and arrive time
- Select from the pull down menu:
- Best route (quickest)
- Fewer transfers
- Less walking
- Review the generated map for closest stop and walk distances
- Selecting the “Trip Planner” under the app menu, you can enter your to and from destinations. If you select “transit” as your mode of transportation, it will give you the walk distance to your closest transit stop to connect with the bus.
- Again, under “Trip Planner,” if you select “walking” as your mode of transportation, it will provide step-by-step driving directions.