Food for Fines
Colorado State University’s Parking and Transportation Services offers a chance for you to reduce the amount of a citation during select days of the year as a fundraiser for Rams Against Hunger.
From December 2 to December 20, make an online cash contribution to Rams Against Hunger for a reduced citation.
- Cash contributions are NOT accepted at CSU Parking Services; contributions must be made online through the link on this page. Please be sure to include your CSU ID, license plate number, and/or citation number in the “Questions” tab of the Food For Fines fundraiser page. Participate here.
- A contribution of $10 or more will reduce a citation by $20. Only one deduction is allowed per citation.
- You can contribute as much as you want, but you’ll only receive one discount per parking citation.
- To qualify with an online contribution, you must take three steps.
- First, make a contribution online. Please be sure to include your CSU ID, license plate number, and/or citation number in the “Questions” tab of the page.
- Second, email your contribution receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third, verify your contribution has been processed, usually within one business day. You should see your citation reduced by $20. You can contact our office during business hours if you don’t see the reduction.
- Fourth, pay your citation online or over the phone (970-491-7041) with a credit card. Making an online contribution does not prevent further action on the citation (such as an escalated fine if a citation is not paid within the due date). Please pay your citation as quickly as possible after verifying we have processed your contribution to prevent escalation or transfer to your university account.
- Citations that have already been transferred to University Accounts Receivable are not eligible for a Food for Fines reduction.
updated November 25, 2019. Dates effective only in 2019.