Food for Fines
Colorado State University’s Parking and Transportation Services offers a chance for you to reduce the amount of a citation during select days of the year as a fundraiser for Rams Against Hunger.
From December 1 – 21, make an online cash donation to Rams Against Hunger for a reduced citation.
- Cash donations are NOT accepted at CSU Parking Services; cash donations must be made online. Please be sure to include your CSU ID, license plate number, and/or citation number in the “Questions” tab of the donation page. Donate here.
- A cash donation of $10 or more will reduce a citation by $20. Only one deduction is allowed per citation.
- You can donate as much as you want, but you’ll only receive one discount per parking citation.
- To qualify with an online donation, you must take three steps.
- First, make a donation online to Rams Against Hunger. Please be sure to include your CSU ID, license plate number, and/or citation number in the “Questions” tab of the donation page.
- Second, email your donation receipt to email@example.com.
- Third, call Parking Services at 970-491-7041 to verify the donation and pay your citation over the phone with a credit card. Making an online donation does not prevent further action on the citation (such as an escalated fine if a citation is not paid within the due date). Please pay your citation as quickly as possible after making your donation to prevent escalation or transfer to your university account.
- Citations that have already been transferred to University Accounts Receivable are not eligible for a Food for Fines reduction.
updated December 1, 2017. Dates effective only in 2017.