Please read all of the following information before following any links.

Call us if you have questions at (970) 491-7041

7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays, with extended hours until 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday

Important dates for the 2019-20 academic year

  • July 15: 2019-20 permits are available for purchase on our website (link is at the bottom of this page).
  • Summer 2019-20: Valid permits are required to park in all parking lots and garages. Parking is enforced year-round.
  • August 26: First day of classes

Important information about game day parking for students

Regular CSU parking permits purchased for the 2019-20 year are not valid for the during for a period before and during (times to be announced) home CSU football games that will be held on campus this fall. If you are a student who lives on campus, you’ll be allowed to park on campus, but must move your vehicle for a period of time to a designated repark lot. You will receive information from Athletics via email before games reminding you of when to move your vehicle, and where you can park.

All CSU parking  inventory including street and metered spaces will be reserved and specially permitted for game attendance parking only and other university allocation (e.g., ADA parking; faculty, staff and students whose jobs require them to be on campus on game days, and student residence hall repark).

Students who live off campus who wish to attend the game and park on campus must purchase a single game or season pass parking permit through Athletics.

All students who live in a residence hall with a current CSU parking permit do not have to obtain a special game day permit, but are required to park in specific lots reserved for them on game days when the Rams play at the on-campus stadium. More information about where residence hall students should park is available on the Athletics website.

More information about the game-day experience is at

On all remaining Saturdays and Sundays, parking on campus is open to the public without a required permit from Parking and Transportation Services or CSU Athletics.

Parking permit prices for students who commute to campus

  • Annual Z permits for vehicles: $569. Annual only Monday-Wednesday-Friday $342; only Tuesday-Thursday $228
  • Semester only Z permit for vehicles: $312. Semester only Monday-Wednesday-Friday $188, only Tuesday-Thursday $125
  • One month Z permit for vehicles: $78
  • Annual Research Boulevard (Lot 740) remote parking: $266
  • Annual Moby Arena (Lot 195) remote parking: $424
  • Annual M permit for motorcycles, mopeds or scooters: $293
  • On confirmation of medical need, permits for American Disabilities Act compliant parking is available.

Important information

  • Only one vehicle permit allowed per student.
  • Multiple license plates can be registered to one permit, but only one vehicle can park on campus at any given time.
  • Permits are issued for the sole use of the applicant and cannot be transferred to another person.
  • Applicants are responsible for all citations issued to vehicles linked to their permit.
  • Motorcycles may only park in motorcycle-designated stalls. Motorcycles may park in a meter or pay station stall upon payment to the device.
  • Low power scooters (under 50 cc or 4476 watts) operated in Colorado must be registered with the state and must park in designated motorcycle parking and have a valid CSU parking permit.

Virtual permit enforcement

  • CSU uses a license plate based permit system.
  • Vehicles must park with license plate or temp tag visible from the drive lane.
  • Any number of vehicles may be registered to a single permit, but only one vehicle may park on campus at any time.
  • Permit holders are required to register the license plate, temporary tag or scooter registration sticker of any vehicle they park on campus.
  • Customers may link their license plate, temporary tag or registration sticker for their vehicle at any time through our website (follow the links for Manage My Permit and click on View Permit from the menu). Vehicles no longer being used may be removed at any time.
  • Rental, loaner, or other vehicles borrowed for a short time, must be deleted promptly.
  • Parking on campus is monitored through a camera system attached to Parking and Transportation Services vehicles that scans license plates and compares the plate number to our virtual permit database.
  • If you need to re-add a license plate or if the website gives you an error, contact Parking Services immediately. Please call, email, or stop by our office so that we can assist you with your problem in a timely fashion so you do not receive a citation.

Where you can park

  • The permit you are issued is based on your student status.
    • Students who live off campus and commute are issued Z permits, valid in all Z permit lots, marked with these signs:
      • Z PermitZ PermitXZ PermitRB Permit
    • Commuting students can also get the MB permit, valid in the Moby Arena lot and the Research Boulevard lot, which are served by Around the Horn. Around the Horn is an on-campus shuttle that runs from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The lots are marked with these signs:
      • Z PermitRB Permit
      • This lot also has faculty and staff permit and pay-to-park parking areas that the Moby Arena specific permit is not valid in.
    • Commuting students have the option to purchase a permit to park remotely at the Research Boulevard lot (lot 740), which is served by Around the Horn. Around the Horn is an on-campus shuttle that runs from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. More information about Around the Horn is at It is marked with this sign:
      • RB Permit
  • Parking spaces are “first come, first serve”
    • Parking near a specific building is not guaranteed. Availability can vary by time of day and day of the week. In addition to the regular weekly pattern, special events on campus may impact parking in your area. Please reference the campus map to view parking lots designated for your permit.
    • The purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space on campus. Parking demand on campus is continuously in flux throughout the day and week, as students, faculty, staff and guests come and go.
    • Construction projects on campus can often affect parking. For updates on getting around and parking on campus, check the university’s interactive online map or online newsletter, SOURCE.
    • Your permit is not valid in A, B, D, E, FI, J, Q, S, T, U, W, X or XR marked parking. You will receive a citation for parking where your permit is not valid. Watch for signs at lot entrances and specially designated rows and stalls.
      • Pay-to-ParkH PermitA PermitB PermitD PermitE PermitF PermitI PermitState and ServiceQ PermitS PermitT PermitU PermitW PermitX PermitXR PermitLoad ZonesLEED Reserved

Visitor parking

  • Visitors to campus must abide by all parking regulations.
  • Visitors may purchase a daily permit and park in A, Q, W, X, and Z lots. Daily permits good in A, Q, W, X, and Z lots are available in our office at 1508 Center Avenue, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am until 4 p.m. with extended hours until 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, for $13 a day.
  • Most A and Z permit lots only require permits until 4 p.m. Q, W, and X permit lots require permits until 8 p.m. A, Q, W, X, and Z permit lots only require permits Monday-Friday, not on Saturday or Sunday (excluding the Lake Street Parking Garage which is enforced 24/7).
  • Meter, pay-to-park, and pay-by-space parking is available (see marked areas on the campus parking map) in many places on campus at $2.00 per hour.

Bicycle registration, safety, and alternative transportation

  • Anyone who rides a bike regularly to the CSU campus must register their bicycle with the CSU Police Department and must abide by the CSU bicycle regulations.
  • CSU Police Department enforces bicycle traffic and parking.
  • Bicycling, skateboarding and rollerblading are not permitted in campus buildings.
  • CSUPD provides SafeWalk, a safe and free escort for any student, employee or guest, from any location on campus to another campus location or destination within a three block area of campus, anytime between dusk to dawn, 365 days a year. To request a SafeWalk call (970) 491-1155.
  • Consider using alternative forms of transportation, including bicycles, skateboards, and roller blades.

Permanent and temporary medical authorized parking

  • Permanent medical authorization parking process
    • Download the medical authorization form (under Important Links below) and have your doctor fill it out and return it to our office.
    • Once we process the form, you will be able to purchase an H permit (instead of the normal Z permit).
    • Each person is allowed to have one permit. If you purchase a Z permit in error, please come to the Parking Services office and we can exchange it for an H permit.
  • Temporary medical authorization parking process
    • If you need ADA parking on a temporary basis and you plan on having your car on campus beyond that, first purchase a year or fall semester permit.
    • If you are away from campus, download the medical authorization form (under Important Links below) and have your doctor fill it out.
    • Or, visit the CSU Health Network in the Health and Medical Center building. They have the form and will fill it out.
    • Bring the form to our office and complete a permit application form (available in our office or under Important Links below). If you are unable to come to the office, you may send a representative with the signed forms.
    • If you do not currently have a parking permit, the medical permit will be priced at our monthly rate of $78.
  • CSU recognizes ADA plates and placards from all states.
    • They may only be used in ADA stalls by the registered owner or when the registered owner is a passenger.
    • A valid CSU Parking and Transportation Services permit must be purchased to park in permit areas.
    • Blue ADA meters require payment for time or for the vehicle to be linked to a valid CSU parking permit.

Permit application forms

Z, H (ADA), M (motorcycle), MB, and RB permits may be purchased online.

If you are applying for an H (ADA) permit, you MUST have a valid permanent medical authorization on file. Please have your physician fill out a medical permit application form and return it to our office. Permanent medical authorizations do not have to be renewed.