Please read all of the following information before following any links.
Call us if you have questions at (970) 491-7041
7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays with extended hours until 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday
- Annual permit holders don’t usually need to purchase a separate summer session permit. Annual permits expire toward the end of summer session and permits for the following academic year can be purchased before the old permit expires.
- For those on campus just in the summer, we offer a summer session permit.
- For those on campus for a month or less, we offer a one month permit.
- Students living the residence halls during the summer can purchase the permit for the hall they are living in once Parking and Transportation Services confirms this information with Housing and Dining Services.
Changes for summer 2016
- Parking and Transportation Services will enforce regular parking hours this summer. Permits will be required in all lots from 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, unless otherwise posted.
- This is a change was implemented last year. Prior to the change, summer parking enforcement was limited to the Lake Street Garage, hourly parking and A lots. This summer, enforcement will be the same as it is during the academic year.
- Why is parking enforced in the summer? Parking and Transportation Services budgets nearly $1.5 million per year for maintenance and repairs on parking lots around campus due to year-round normal wear. Parking is required by state statute to be self-funded, so maintenance costs and repairs are funded by parking revenue, with the majority of funds coming from permits. Enforcing parking year-round spreads the costs across permits for all users, and not only those parking on campus during the academic year.