Student parking information
Parking and Transportation Services offers a variety of parking permit options.
- Commuter ten pack: 10 daily permits for the price of nine available for purchase once per semester
- Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday
- Short-term hourly, More information regarding short-term parking.
- Lower-cost, remote parking (served by shuttle to campus)
- Motorcycle permits (valid only in motorcycle parking spaces or in any hourly designated parking space)
- Low-powered scooters (under 50 cc or 4476 watts) must have a CSU parking permit and park in motorcycle designated spaces
Parking on campus is monitored through a virtual permit system that scans your license plate. Your license plate is linked to your parking permit.
All vehicles parked on campus must have a valid CSU parking permit or park in designated hourly parking spaces and pay at a pay station.
- Vehicles must be parked so that a valid license plate or temporary registration is clearly visible from the drive lane.
- A parking permit allows for one vehicle to park on campus at any given time.
- A parking permit can have multiple vehicles on the permit to allow for flexibility when determining which vehicle is driven to campus, however multiple vehicles can not park on campus under the same permit, at the same time. If both vehicles listed on a single permit need to be on campus at the same time, a second permit must be purchased to cover the duration needed or park in hourly parking to avoid a significant citation fine for permit misuse.
- For more information regarding regulations please follow this link.
- Please select the following links for more information regarding a citation or how to appeal a citation.
Overnight parking on campus is permitted in the Research Blvd parking lot with a valid CSU permit or in pay by hour designated spaces on the first level of the Lake Street and South College parking garages only. Overnight parking in CSU Apartments or Residence Halls designated parking areas is only permissible with a valid CSU Resident Hall or CSU Apartment permit.
Please carefully review signs posted at the entrance to each parking area for specific enforcement times and permit requirements. Parking is enforced 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, year-round or as posted, including fall, winter, spring and summer breaks. Residence hall parking spaces and other designated areas have extended enforcement hours. CSU apartments, Lake Street Garage and South College Ave Garage restrictions are applicable 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Visitors can purchase a daily parking permit or park in designated hourly parking areas and pay at a pay station or the WaytoPark app on their phone, following the Purchase Permit link below to create an account and purchase your online parking permit.
Game day parking
Regular CSU parking permits are not valid on game days when football games are played at Canvas Stadium.
All CSU parking spaces, including street and hourly spaces, are reserved and specially permitted for game attendance parking only. Please ensure vehicles are moved by 10 p.m. the night before a Saturday home game to avoid citation or towing.
Students who live on campus must move their vehicles to restricted parking areas during designated hours before a game, as part of the university’s repark program. Vehicles can return to residence hall parking after the game. More information about repark requirements and hours for game day.
Student employees who need to be on campus on game days must have a special permit which will require them to park in a designated lot or arrange alternative transportation to campus. Special game day permits are issued on an as-needed basis and must be requested in advance from your college dean, department chair, unit head or supervisor.
Students who wish to attend the game and park on campus must pre-purchase (no day-of-game sales) a single game or season pass parking permit through Athletics. More information regarding game day parking and transportation.
Purchasing a permit
Parking permits can be purchased using cash, credit or student account. Log in with your CSU ename and epassword to purchase a permit or add or delete vehicles to your permit.
Purchasing a permit does not guarantee available parking in specific lots near your distention. Please allow adequate time to park and walk or take the Horn to your destination.
Around the Horn, a free shuttle, connects parking areas to stops across our main campus. More information, schedule and stops.
If you need assistance please contact our office at (970) 491-7041 or visit us in office at 1508 Center Avenue.
Permit refunds will not be issued on monthly and daily permits. No refunds on semester and six month permits after 14 days. Annual permits may be eligible for a refund at a prorated rate based on date of purchase and are subject to a restocking and administrative fee. Refunds on annual permits will not be issued after March 31.
Parking and Transportation Services is a self-funded department; no tax revenue, general funds, student fees or tuition funds support parking on campus. All maintenance and operations are paid by parking permit fees and citation revenue.
Please click on your status below to see the permit options and prices you qualify for.