Emergency Ride Home is your assurance that you can get a ride home if you have taken alternative transportation to Colorado State University. Emergency Ride Home is funded by Parking and Transportation Services. It’s available to employees who need to get home and:
- Do not have a parking permit with Parking and Transportation Services
- Use alternative transportation other than their personal vehicle the day of the Emergency Ride Home request
An employee can use this service two times per year from July – June (University fiscal year).
The Emergency Ride Home program provides two options to get you home if an emergency comes up:
- A free taxi ride home, or
- Check-out a Zipcar (free membership required) to get home in an emergency
How do I request a ride home?
- When the emergency arises, contact Parking and Transportation Services at (970) 491-7041 to request an Emergency Ride Home
- Taxi or Zipcar? Let our staff know your preference for getting home:
- Taxi – A cab will be contacted to take you home within 75 miles of campus. An account code will be provided to you for the ride. Please do not tip the driver; this has been contracted.
- Zipcar – An employee with a valid Zipcar membership (register here or download app – Apple – Google) can check out a Zipcar for the day or overnight to get home. An option will be provided to bill the reservation to a CSU account.
For more information, contact Parking and Transportation Services at 970-491-7041.