- Bicycle riders benefit by getting exercise while they travel and it can save riders time and money.
- Bicycling is good for the environment and your health because it does not create pollution.
- Bicycling provides a flexible commuting option and parking is convenient with thousands of bike parking places throughout campus.
- Bicycles are easy and inexpensive to maintain, especially compared to an automobile.
- By choosing to ride you are also helping the University meet its Climate Action Plan goals by reducing vehicle congestion and greenhouse gas emissions.
Try bicycling to campus today and discover the many benefits of pedaling to CSU.
Safe Cycling at CSU
- Be prepared: Riding on-campus vs off-campus
- Know your trail types: Learn how different trails function for bicyclists
- Bikes on buses: Proper bicycle loading on a bus
- Hand signals: A necessity on campus
- General safety and maintenance: These League of American Bicyclists tips sheets to learn how to ride safely and perform maintenance on your bike
- Bike racks: Find your nearest rack on campus
- Bike registration: Bicycle need to be registered on campus
- Bicycle rules and regulations: how to make sure you are in the know
- Bicycle training classes at CSU
CSU offers more than 18,000 bike parking spaces on campus, with racks conveniently located near the entrance of most buildings (bike parking map). If you’re looking for an extra level of security, check out or secure bicycle parking options.
Below, you will find bike maps for CSU and surrounding communities.
- CSU and Fort Collins (CSU Map – Fort Collins Map – GIS Bike System Map)
- Main Campus bicycle parking
- Bicycle repair station and air pump locations
- Poudre River Trail
- Larimer County
- Colorado bicycle and byways map
Have a desire to improve bicycling on campus? Join the Campus Bicycle Advisory Committee. The mission is to promote a safe and enjoyable bicycle experience through awareness, planning and education, and to encourage the environmental and health benefits of bicycles.
- 2014 – CSU Bike Master Plan 2014
- CSU Bike Master Plan 2014 – Appendix A
- CSU Bike Master Plan 2014 – Appendix B & C
- 1995 – Bikeways Long Range Plan