Parking and Transportation Services provides all employees a free bus pass via their RamCard. Employees can ride any Transfort route in the city (including MAX) as well as two regional routes (FLEX and Poudre Express). More than half of all CSU employees who live in Fort Collins have access to a Transfort stop within a quarter mile of their home. Let someone else do the driving, and catch up on a few emails, or just focus on you. On campus, catch the Around the Horn shuttle to get you across campus, to the Research Blvd Parking Lot, and onto the Veterinary Teaching Hospital campus. Use Route 2 or 32 (both pickup at the CSU Transit Center) to connect to the Foothills Shuttle at West Elizabeth and Overland Trail. The Foothills Shuttle runs in a loop and serves the northern (Laporte Ave) and southern (Rampart Rd) buildings of the CSU Foothills campus.
Live outside Fort Collins? Catch the FLEX in Boulder, Longmont, and Loveland. Catch the Poudre Express in Greeley, Windsor, and the Harmony Transfer Center.
Need assistance determining your best transit options? Contact the CSU transportation team at 970-491-2492 or email.
Read Employee Transit Testimonial
When is the bus coming?
Transfort has taken the guessing out of when the bus is coming. The following tools will ease your mind and find the next bus:
- Download the RideTransfort App: This application provides a map of all stops and routes based on your location. Quickly find out when the bus is coming.
- Bookmark the Bus Tracker: From your computer, you can select a route and see where it is along the route. No guessing when the bus is coming.
- Google Maps Routing: Google has all Transfort routes and time uploaded. Just enter your start and destination locations and you’ll be on your way.
- How to Read a Bus Schedule: This step-by-step guide helps you read the bus schedule.
Can I take a bus to Greeley? Boulder? Denver?
Yes, CSU now has options for traveling around the region by transit.
- Greeley: The Poudre Express Regional Route is now operating Monday through Friday from the Greeley Regional Transportation Center to the CSU Transit Center via the University of Northern Colorado, Town of Windsor, and the Harmony Road Transfer Center. Employees ride free with their Ramcard.
- Boulder: The Flex travels to Boulder and the University of Colorado. Employees ride for free with their Ramcard.
- Denver: The Bustang travels six times daily Monday – Friday to Union Station along I-25 with connections to Colorado Springs and Amtrak. Employees can purchase a 10, 20, and 40 packs online. Reservations are required. The Bustang Ram’s Route comes straight to campus on Friday’s at 4 p.m. and returns Sunday at 4 p.m.
- Denver International Airport (DIA):
- The Groome Airport Shuttle serves the CSU Transit Center to DIA on a regular schedule, and offers door-to-door service.
- Bustang North Route to A-Line from Union Station to DIA
Can I get to the mountains?
SkiSU provides round-trip transportation between CSU and many Colorado ski resorts for $30 per employee, with multiple Saturday or Sunday trips each season. For more information please visit: pts.colostate.edu/skisu/
What is in place to ensure my safety on transit?
All Transfort passenger buses are equipped with a mobile video security system to allow Transfort operations and law enforcement staff to view live video feeds from nearby vehicles, improving the safety and security of operators and passengers.
Transfort can also use GPS data reported through this system to identify the exact location of buses along their routes. This information is useful for daily operations and allows dispatchers to monitor and actively manage buses, and the ability to provide live vehicle location information could prove very valuable in an emergency situation.
Taking a bus in the evening? Ask for a SafeWalk to your bus from anywhere on campus.
Can I purchase a parking permit for the days I can’t take the bus to work?
Yes, Parking and Transportation Services provides a couple options for transit commuters:
- Monthly: An employee can purchase a parking permit per month, including for just the winter months
- 10-Packs: A 10-pack of daily hangtag permits can be purchased for the days a commuter needs to drive to and park on campus.
Learn more about permit options.