Walking to campus
Colorado State University takes pride in our ability to support pedestrians, otherwise known as walkers. CSU strives to keep walkways convenient, safe and accessible throughout campus. Our host community, Fort Collins, is continually constructing and maintaining sidewalks that surround campus for our daily commuters on foot.
Walking to campus supports the University’s Climate Action Plan by helping reduce parking space demand on campus while relieving vehicle congestion and greenhouse gas emissions in Northern Colorado.
Resources for walking at CSU
- Engage Wellbeing App – (Apple / Android) Track your walking steps with the Anthem’s Engage App and win prizes
- Know your trail types: Learn how different trails function for bicyclists
- Walk distances on campus: Here are some ways to estimate the distance and walk times around campus
- Walking to transit stop: Transfort makes it easy to find a walk to your transit stop
- Walking meeting: Be productive and get some exercise
- Dismount zones: Colorado preserves areas on campus for walkers only.
- Campus designed for walking: View a map from the Campus Master Plan depicting how the campus is designed for walking